Surf Life Saving provides an amazing array of competition options, the different disciplines range from beach running, ‘flags’, board events, swimming, surf skis and IRB’s racing. Alongside this are the vital disciplines of Rescue and Resuscitation, know as R & R and First Aid and March Past competitions. This wide range provides all members of the Club with an opportunity to become involved in competition.
Coaching and additional training sessions are conducted in many disciplines throughout the season. Check the Weekly Training schedule for all the latest updates. We have a group of swimmers that meet every morning – 7.30am weekdays, 8am weekends and public holidays, we encourage all members to join in regular swim sessions to maintain your fitness.
Parent Volunteer Assistance
LSV Carnivals are managed by volunteers. All clubs are required to provide water safety, officials, set up/pack up volunteers. Parents will be required to assist at most carnivals.
|Age Group||Award – Completed/Proficient by 31st December 2021||Patrol Hours @ 31st December 2021|
|Under 14||Surf Rescue Certificate + 288 metre Comp Swim||Nil|
|Under 15||Surf Rescue Certificate or Bronze Medallion||New Award – 4 hours | Existing – 16 hours|
|Under 17||Bronze Medallion||New Award – 4 hours | Existing – 16 hours|
|Under 19||Bronze Medallion||New Award – 4 hours | Existing – 16 hours|
|OPEN||Bronze Medallion||New Award – 4 hours | Existing – 16 hours|
|Masters 30+||Bronze Medallion||New Award – 4 hours | Existing – 16 hours|
To check your current awards and patrol hours log in to the Members Area account CLICK HERE
Once you have had a chat to your Coach and decided to participate in a carnival you need to register first. The registration is simply done online via Team App Events. The process is the same for every carnival including the State Championships, however please note the fee differences.
Carnival Fees (subject to change for 2021/22) – CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW
Carnival $ per athlete
State Championship $ per athlete
- All Carnival payments can be made via the Team App Events. Please make sure you have Team App downloaded onto your smart phone and search for Mount Martha Life Saving Club, join Nippers and the Nipper Competition Team.
- Find the date of the Carnival you wish to register for and proceed with the payment process and RSVP.
- Entry fees must be paid by due date – no late entries, no entries on the day.
- Withdrawals on the day need to be registered at the LSV tent before 10.00 am. It is your responsibility to advise your Coach/Team Manager on or before the day of absence/non attendance (refunds will be made if you ensure this gets done and the change is made at the LSV Tent on the day).
- No withdrawals after closing date for 2022 Victorian Championships.
- Your carnival entry CANNOT be processed if your club membership has not been completed or you have not completed your Award or patrol hour obligations as per table above.
What to Bring
- Competition cap & Fluoro vest
- Club Bathers/goggles/silicon swim cap
- Rain coat & warm clothes
- Water bottle